Monday, January 3, 2011

He Liked It!


He liked it. A lot!


One of our other sons requested a quilt for Christmas last year. For that one, I used homespun plaids and a Turning Twenty pattern.
Another son asked for one this year. But he didn't ask directly. One of his roommates left a comment on my blog telling me that T. would love a quilt of his own. So here it is!



This batik quilt is of my own very simple design using precut 2 1/2" strips, a few fat quarters, and and some batik yardage for the border.


The backing is a moss green flannel, and the binding is the same brown batik as the outside border fabric. I didn't get a good photo of the quilting, but it's straight line channels about an inch apart. My friend Terry did an expert job with the quilting on her long arm machine.
Another son has put in his request for next year. (Maybe this time I'll have it finished before Christmas Eve!)

Make it a Wonderful Day!

10 comments:

  1. He looks such a proud and happy owner of the quilt! I love the northwest colors and simplicity of this quilt. I am sure he will treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is beautiful. I can see why he loves it so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Stephanie! You can tell your son really loves it!!! Great photos. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a very nice and manly quilt. your son looks well impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks even better with him holding it! It IS a great pattern!! That just had to make your Christmas to see him be so happy about a quilt! Makes it all worth it! xo, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat that he loves his Mama's quilts so much. It's a beautiful design and I love how you've put some green in it, it really stands out well. Great job! Oh and we took down Christmas today too, I don't enjoy doing that. It's way more fun to put decorations up isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. great looking quilt ans a great looking son!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! And thank you so much for the circle quilt tutorial. I'm making one as I write and needed a little help, google lead me right to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your design is great and I loved your photos!! The flannel back will be very cozy!

    ReplyDelete