Thursday, April 3, 2014

Decades Double Irish Chain


This is a quilt I started before I was a quilter. I think it was a "Quilt in a Day" pattern. For me, that meant DECADES, not days.... I got the top made alright, but then it sat unquilted in my closet for YEARS.


The colors are sort of a sea-foam green and white, but it's old enough I don't remember why I thought these were the colors I'd like. I really like more of a bold-is-beautiful color pallet. This fabric must have spoken to a mood I was in at the moment.


The backing is a solid that reminds me of a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt from the 30's, and the binding is a from my stash…it looks like it might be from another completely different decade ('90's?), but the color was close-ish, so I went with it. The quilt measures about 50x50, and thanks to Terry for long-arm quilting it for me.

Now to find a good home for it. There are lots of people who might want a lap quilt or a baby quilt, even one that's been stashed in my closet for too long. Unfinished quilts don't keep anybody warm. So I'm really trying to get quilts finished and moved out into the world so they can be put to good use.



Make it a Wonderful Day!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...Hello?!? I would give it a good home?!?!?! And I don't have a St. Paddy's Day quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't thought of it as a St.Paddy quilt…:D

      Delete