Friday, August 21, 2009

Blues and Salmon Salad


This isn't really a foodie blog, but I'll share a recipe every now and then! This is tonight's dinner:
Blues and Salmon Salad adapted from a recipe by Greg Atkinson.
Make the dressing:
1/4 C rice wine vinegar
1 T. spicy brown mustard
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 C. canola oil
1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
1 T. poppy seeds
Whisk all but last three ingredients. Dribble and whisk in oil. Add pepper and poppy seeds.

Make the salad:
About 4 C. washed and dried baby spinach leaves
1/2 C. white sweet onion, sliced thin
3 C. fresh blueberries
1 C. baby portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped or sliced
1 1/2 C. smoked wild Alaskan salmon, broken into large flakes
Combine salad ingredients. Toss with the dressing to taste reserving extra for another use. Makes four servings.
Serve the salad with a slice of good bread on your latest thrift store plates! (I love these ruffled ones found last week at Value Village.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog! I love what you have been doing and would very much like to make a circle quilt too. I'm a bit concerned that the circles might fray - do they? I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a little something over at my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this lovely recipe, I will try it sometime. It has made me so hungry! Suzie! xxx

    ReplyDelete