Friday, April 30, 2010

April Quilt Group

It's been a really busy week for me, but today was the reward- our quilt group meeting!

First up, Denise's adorable pin cushions made from an upcycled sweater and scarf. So cute, and low calorie too!


Nan said this quilt gave her fits trying to keep her blocks arranged as she sewed. It' amazing how challenging that can be! But it was worth the effort, and check out the scalloped border too.

I've told you before about the Happy Valley Grange. They surprised us with an award for our community service! Nan attended the luncheon and program where we were honored, and she shared the details with all of us who couldn't attend. Thanks Nan for representing us!! (And the Mister too!!)


We decided to have the placque travel from home to home so we can each enjoy it... we all thought it was very sweet of the Grange to show their appreciation for our efforts to , as it says on the award, be a ..."Servant of the People".

More quilt group to come!

Make it a Wonderful Day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love that cupcake!!!!! Too cool! jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I post all of our group pictures on my blog but I can't tell you what a kick I get out of seeing them on YOUR blog! It's kind of like seeing them in a "show!" I love our meetings and our group - don't know what I'd do without it! Thanks so much for being such a great part of it - it wouldn't be the same without you. xo, Nan

    ReplyDelete