Monday, May 17, 2010

Howdy Pardner!

I always check the fabric section when I'm at Value Village. Sometimes there are some pretty "unusual" selections. But I was excited to find this cowboy fabric recently. Four yards of it. Fifty cents a yard! 

Usually, it would take weeks (years?) for me to get around to using a fabric. But I was helping my sister with her first quilt, and while she was sewing on my machine, I got this one underway. That way, I was busy but available as she made her circle quilt. More about that (with photos I hope) soon.



The homspuns and other fabrics are all from my stash. The tan dot fabric was already cut in 6 1/2 inch squares, so that determined the size of the rest of the blocks.( I think they were extra background squares from our Quilt Group Christmas circle block swap.)
I made this to give away. But I'm not sure where it will find a home yet. It seems like there is always a need for boy quilts, so I'm sure I'll find a good donation project, once I've got it quilted.

Make it a Wonderful Day!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute. My daughter and I have several cowboy quilts. They are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,beautiful fabric and what a bargain, love the quilt you made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric!!! It reminds me of my bedroom wallpaper when I was an itty bitty. jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the very fabric I was picturing when you were describing it over the phone. I love it!!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! What a great way to make the most of some orphan fabric!

    ReplyDelete