Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August's Quilt Group

I love seeing what our group is working on! This black and cream beauty is by Janet. Love it!




And this month we had a special guest, Janice Pope, who was visiting from North Carolina. We loved her Circle in a Square quilt. It's her very own applique and reverse applique pattern, made with hand dyed fabrics.
Check out her patterns at http://www.anythingbutboring.com/
She also brought a couple of her bags to share. This Traveler's Tote has a panel that slips over your suitcase handle. Such a great idea!




This one is called Long-Stemmed Tulip
Up next is Barbara's pinwheels in summer pastels.



She used her extra pinwheels to piece a sweet baby quilt too!



Her bookcase quilt includes some fun "titles" like Moda...


... and she used tie labels too.



Claudia made this GIANT quilt for her daughter to take to college. It's huge!!






Denise used the cute vintage (and thrifted) embroidered dish towels to make a table runner...






...and she brought her fall quilt too. (Sorry for such a bad picture of a cozy quilt!)





More tomorrow!




Make it a Wonderful Day!

6 comments:

  1. There is always such fun things to see. I am always amazed with everyone's work! Love the sleeve for the suitcase handle and Claudia is always whipping up those large quilts! Can't wait to see more.
    Hope you are having a great summer. Sorry I missed you all while I was there.. Time just slipped away. Hopefully next visit wont be so crazy!
    Sujata -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bookcase quilt but I cannot find a pattern, instructions or even a tutorial! I don't mind paying for it I just need to find the how to's

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please. A how-to for the bookcase quilt.

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello I am totally new to quilts and the art of quilt making ..I have enrolled in a class to learn the how to I would love to attempt the bookcase quilt yours is beautiful would you know how I could obtain the pattern? thank you

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry, the person who made the quilt, didn't have a pattern- it was a group project in her old quilt group! So sorry I can't help you out, but all the best on your quilt-making adventures. :D

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love the bookcase quilt! I have only made two other quilts, with lots of help from a crafty friend. These were bug jar quilts for my two older grandkids, and backed with fleece. They were hard, but with a more structured pattern. This one looks really complicated!

    ReplyDelete