Thursday, August 11, 2011

Playdate to Paint



We had fun playing with paint!



Kay was my roommate in college, back in the day, in another state. But we both moved to the Pacific Northwest years ago and raised our families here. We live over an hour away from each other, but we've been getting together to go see art, and recently got together to make art. I love Kay's bold style. (She has a Mondrian kitchen and great artwork throughout her home.)







Kay's two paintings are richly textured with lots of thick paint. I mean to be looser like that, but I seem to always wind up doing stuff with dots and circles! (For some reason, the photos of my other painting refuse to post. Blogger, what's up with that??)





We're going to do some encaustic next time. Thanks, Kay for inviting me to play!







Make it a Wonderful Day!

1 comment: