Wednesday, August 31, 2011

More from August Quilt Group

Helen finished her hand quilting on this awesome quilt!





She also made this colorful one-her style is evident even when she's trying to be different!







Still more from Helen- these are the presents she's been working on...






Which inspired our block exchange for this month...we each made 12 present blocks to swap.



Helen made this cute drawstring bag with a TINY present block...




Marsha's reproduction fabric sampler is coming together from the blocks we made for her...
And she's finished up her adorable dresses quilt too. (The dresses are from a panel, the 9 patch blocks are pieced.) I would wear those outfits. Really. Even at my age. :D




Nan shared her sewing machine covers... One with chickens standing up...


The other with them lying down. Oops. We all have done that with directional prints, haven't we? :D



This pillow should be mine.



I supplied the thrifted embroidered fabric...I couldn't pass it up, but didn't have a plan for it. I passed it on to Nan. (www.potsandpins.com)


It's a famous speech given by George Graham Vest- the closing arguement at a court case from 1870, called the Case of Old Drum. It's the origin of the saying, "A man's best friend is his dog." Nan washed away (most) of the smokey smell, added the perfect trim, and now owns her very own "eulogy of the dog". I love it.



This sunny quilt is by my friend Marcia. She had me deliver this to Terry to long arm it, and so I had to share it with our group...




And last is a great old pieced panel from Terry's family. I love the soft colors and the textures of the shirt stripes...








Make it a Wonderful Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love these! You guys are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. I love love love all the quilts and goodies here! Helen's quilts are delightful and hand stitching is gorgeous! I like Nan's machine covers and "your" pillow too. Terry's quilt from the shirting is so soothing!
    Thanks for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the colours in the top two quilts are wonderful. I do love lots of colour. I feel very tired after looking at all the work your group has done. What a great idea making parcel patches for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete