Monday, April 11, 2011

Every Baby Needs a Blanket

I was able to spend some time this weekend sewing. These flannel blankets will be shipped off to babies in another part of the world, to keep them warm, wrap them in love, and build a little peace along the way. (Someone once called me an idealist. Maybe. I know a few blankets aren't the answer to all of the world's problems. But maybe they'll help just a little.)
I was so excited to find about half of the fabric at Value Village! I took my thrifted finds to the fabric store (Joann's) in search of coordinating flannel and was extra happy to find it at 60% off!!


It's fun to do good, and even more fun when you can do more because it costs less! (Does that make sense??)



Make it a Wonderful Day!

2 comments:

  1. Your blankets look gorgeous, can I ask were you send them? I am always on the lookout to donate items to, and baby blankets are fun to do and so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew Happy,

    I'm sending to the contact I have with Iraqi Bundles of Love. He was asked for baby blankets by another group, Preemptive Love. (I tried to post the link here, but Blogger won't let me for some reason!!)

    ReplyDelete