Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kate's Quilt

Our daughter Kate's been married for almost 8 years...I can't believe it's been that long! This is the quilt I made a few years ago from her reception decorations... We had silk "placemats" on the center of each table. A larger magenta or orange rectangle, then a green square set on point on that...topped with a grouping of bead wrapped glasses filled with gerber daisies in bright magenta and orange, along with some mini lime green mums. The colors really popped against the white tablecloths, and the outdoor setting worked so well for the summer reception.

I "visited" the quilt while we were in NYC- I wanted to take it out and do a photo shoot with it on the subway platform. But we just didn't fit it in!! There is SO MUCH to do in NYC!!!!







Here is the back of her quilt... The organic line quilting was done by Claudia, another one of my long-arming friends!






Kate reminded me I still have not made a label. But it's only been eight years....


After seeing all of the red and white quilts and wondering about their stories, I'm gonna have to get on that!




Make it a Wonderful Day!


8 comments:

  1. Stephanie,

    I remember seeing this quilt as a top! it was just after the wedding and you were still working on it! Claudia did a great job on quilting this one! It shows beautifully without overpowering the simplicity of the colors and pattern of the quilt. Thanks for sharing it. and yes, I will be thinking more about labeling the quilts from now on too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have done a fabulous job. Silk is not easy to quilt with but definately worth it. You have done a stunning job and what a way to remember her wedding day. Love it xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful color sense you have. I really struggle with great color schemes. jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just gorgeous, it really does deserve a label! What a great memento.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful memory quilt for your daughter. I'm not sure if I love the front or the back more. I never seem to spend any time on the backs of my quilts. Fabulous colours and design, a truly fab quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom,
    I love, love, LOVE my wedding quilt. Thank you so much for making it. And yes - LABEL PLEASE!
    ;-)
    -K8

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fallen in love. In colors, design, simplicity. All.
    Do not you mind I will sew quilt like yours for my own usage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like Kate's quilt. Yes, you can make one of your own. :D

      Delete