Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Four Square Quilt

 A finish!
 When my quilt group had a block exchange, I asked for these easy 5-piece blocks in red and aqua. I didn't have a plan for the layout, but this is what I came up with...four squares of four blocks with a chain of floating blocks around them.




The quilt measures 47 inches square, and was expertly machine quilted by Terry.
 The back is pieced to use the extra blocks.


 I think it's going to stay here at our house, over the back of  small painted wicker loveseat in our bedroom. Our bedroom has a cheddar accent wall and red and aqua accessories. (Yes, we went with bright-sunny-wake-up-colors rather than a calm and restful palette ...we need more help waking up than calming down with our many grey and rainy days!)


This quilt will be ready for the grands when they come and visit!


Make it a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this. The colors are so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have that in a bigger format. I love it! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete