Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Christmas Quilt for Easter


I know my seasons are out of whack. But that's how I roll when it comes to finishing quilts. 

 This was a group project for my quilt group- we all made a dozen gift box blocks, and then each got  12 different ones to take home, like a cookie exchange. I finally finished mine by adding a few more blocks and wonky log cabin strips to pull it all together. And I added a scrappy border too.

 Terry did the long-arm quilting for me. I stitched on the binding. 

And then I washed it. 


BUMMER! A couple of the white fabrics picked up some of the red dye. Only a couple of places, but still. And only a couple of the white fabrics- thankfully, most of them seemed to resist the red.

Let that be a lesson to you. Prewash! Especially reds! (I even used a color catcher in the wash. Next time I'll use three. After I prewash.)

Merry Christmas....I mean, Happy Easter!



1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous! Hopefully with more washes, those couple of spots will be all clean.. and if not, it's still is a gorgeous quilt. Unfortunately I skip pre-washing.. I should know better.. But don't.

    ReplyDelete