Monday, April 29, 2013

"Jump in the Pool" Quilt

This is a quilt I started a long time ago. Years and years.

 

It started when someone gave me a stack of 3-inch squares of some really UGLY fabrics. Just the kind of leftovers-nobody-wants-it fabric that appeals to me.

I kept adding to it as I came across reject scraps.


 Once I added some pieced borders of blue Kaffe fabrics, the quilt reminded me of a bunch of colorful kids in a swimming pool. Hence the quilt's name, Jump in the Pool.

 The back is pieced red and yellow prints that I had on hand. Once Terry quilted it for me on her long arm, I bound it with another saturated blue from Kaffe.









Finally. Finished.


Make it a Wonderful Day!

3 comments:

  1. Really lovely! The borders set the scrappy middle off wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call a real quilt! It turned out to be beautiful. I'm going to have to rethink my scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a quilt of nobody loves me scraps its turned out great! Im in the process of scrap busting - very liberating!!

    ReplyDelete