Friday, February 1, 2013

January Q Group Friday

Quilt Group met last week. And as is always the case, I was inspired by everyone. But photographs just don't do them justice. It's one of the challenges of living in the gray Pacific Northwest. Low light indoors, gray and rainy outside much of the time...

We have to provide our own sunshine and this sunshine is brought to you by Helen.
Half square triangles for zig zag warmth. Love the yellow. Find Helen's inspiration here at Sujata's blog.


Denise hosted, so I took advantage of the opportunity to enjoy a couple of her quilts on display...


 
I had to leave early, so I missed out on her delicious lunch. A protein bar on the way to the airport wasn't nearly as tasty, I am quite sure!!!

Terry shared her red and white quilt. Red and white is a great year-round fabric combination. And after seeing the red and white quilt show in NY a couple of years ago, I have come to appreciate this classic choice even more. 


Here are a couple of beautiful baby quilts from Kareena. (I think zig zags may have become the new "circle" for our group!)



Denise's friend, Neva, is new to our group, and she shared this lovely quilt with us.

And here's a top Barbara put together from squares she bought at a garage sale. It's going to be perfect at their family cabin...


Helen brought another top she's working on. Love the "low volume" prints....

And how nicely they contrast with the "high volume" squares that make up the heart in the middle.

Nan  brought one of her custom tablecloths. She can create a special keepsake for your events and milestones, real or otherwise. Yes, fake parties seem to be a new hobby in some parts. But this cute applique is real. I didn't get a good picture of the whole table cloth, but we adore it.

 

Some more sunshine from Helen....


And I'll post more photos from Q-Group next week.
And I'm going to try and track down a few missed photos too-our Christmas gift exchange among them. I'm really behind, on so many things!!!

Make it a Wonderful Day!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted Helen's quilt! I guess I was so busy finishing my top I didn't read this post! Your group is always so inspiring. Nice to have an encouraging, inspiring group of quilters around.
    Please tell Helen I love her quilt. I will send her a separate email. Haven't reconnected since I got back from India.
    The Valentine heart is adorable! Love the pinwheels and the Irish chain too! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete