Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Circles

Our quilt group had a Christmas Circle Swap. For several months, we'd bring a dozen circle blocks to our meetings, and go home with one from each person. I made two quilts (okay, tops) from them.
The first one is similar to the way I've laid out the quilts for my tutorial- though these blocks are slightly bigger, leaving a bit more space between the circles.

This second one has the circles that had "pictures"- Santas, snowmen, etc. For these, I decided to make four patch blocks with red and green prints and a scrappy border.

Maybe I'll have them quilted by next Christmas??

8 comments:

  1. I really want to make this quilt. I need to stop procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving all the circle quilts I have been seeing lately. The first one is gorgeous of course but the second is my favorite. Love all the picture blocks with the colored squares to set them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the circles!! I've been wanting a circle quilt. Love your idea of making a Christmas one. What a fun exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are both so pretty...but I think I like the second one best. :) You'll have great quilts for Christmas 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the circle quilts you have shown. I must make one. The Christmas quilts are adorable. After seeing yours I will make one for next year. I am also going to make one for my 15 month grandson out of kids prints. It sounds like so much fun. Thank you for the inspiration! ~Christmas blessing to you, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these quilts. I have a fall top I've started, but no time to finish it...maybe mine will be ready for next fall:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable santa, reindeer and etc. quilt. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't these cute? I like them both! Never thought of a circle exchange, hm-m-m. . . .

    ReplyDelete